Pumpkin Spice Caramels
I apologize for not being around the last month. I just have been so tired and needed to take a break from my blog. This month has been helpful- just sleeping the right amount of hours and not overworking myself. With that, I made my favorite dessert yesterday- CARAMEL. I thought with the upcoming fall season, I would add some pumpkin pie spice to my favorite caramel recipe.
2 cups of granulated sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup- you can use light but it will be a lighter color
3/4 cup of butter
2 cups of whipping cream
2 teaspoon of vanilla (or any other extract, but vanilla taste the best)
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1. With a Four Quart pot (don’t use anything bigger or the caramels will be burnt) place your granulated sugar, corn syrup, butter and 1/2 of the cream into the pot. Bring the pot to a boil with medium heat (around a 4 on the dial) and constantly stir the pot and scrape the bowl consistently.
2. While that is waiting to boil, grab a 9X9 pan, a cake pan or a lasagna pan (I only had this small pan on me) and put parchment paper on the bottom. Although butter will help stick, butter goes bad fairly quickly.
3. After the sugar mixture is boiling, heat the rest of the cream in the microwave for a minute. Slowly add the cream to the sugar mixture. If you do it all at once, it can cool down the sugar mixture and the sugar can crystallize.
4. Stir consistently for 10 to 20 minutes until the mixture thickens and darken to the caramel color above. It should be around 240F, but if you do not have an instant thermometer around, if you drop the caramel in ice cold water for a few seconds and you take it out, you should be able to form it.
5. Take it off the heat once the ice-cold water test works or its 240F and thick. Quickly add your extract and spice and mix until its combined. Drop the caramel in the pan, but do not scrape.
6. Wait 6 hours or overnight for it to form. Cut parchment paper and the caramels to make individual pieces.
Hope you enjoy. These caramels are addictive btw.
9/14/2018 06:31:56 am
Love this recipe! So delish
9/14/2018 07:16:33 am
I like it. Thankyou for the recipe..will try it
9/14/2018 03:57:21 pm
Can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks!!
9/14/2018 11:13:19 pm
These look super yummy!!! I’m not a huge pumpkin spice lover but I can see this recipe adapted!
9/15/2018 07:44:23 pm
You can actually just omit the pumpkin spice and just have regular vanilla caramels. I just love pumpkin spice so I always add it!
9/15/2018 03:27:53 am
Perfect recipe for the fall season!!
9/15/2018 07:43:19 pm
Thank you! I love making this recipe during the fall season.
Leave a Reply.