Easy Homemade bagels
Hey everyone! Guess what today is- Bagel Day! I wanted to give you guys one of my favorite recipes to make for breakfast- Bagels. It only needs a few basic ingredients and a few hours for proofing and voila- you have a warm tasty breakfast.
5. Using a different large bowl, oil it with butter or pam, and put your kneaded dough in the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a towel and let it rise until its doubled in size. This will take an hour in a retarder and three hours if left in your kitchen with room temperature.
6. When it has rised, punch down the dough and cover for another 10 minutes. After covering, weigh your dough and cut the dough into eight equal pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Make sure its smooth on top. Insert a ring into each ball by inserting your finger in the middle and making a hole. Keep spinning your dough so the hole takes up 1/3 of the diameter.
7. Place the bagel on a lightly oiled baking sheet with parchment paper. Cover for ten minutes to rest the dough.
5. This step is the fun part. You will get a large pan of water to a boil and then reduce the water to a light simmer. Using a perforated skimmer, lower one or two bagels into the water. You should boil them for thirty seconds and then flip them for another thirty seconds. Once done, transfer the bagels to another oiled baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake at 425 F for 20 minutes.
6. Enjoy when cooled. Serve with cream cheese or jam.
Don't they just look delicious!
Out of all the recipes on this blog, please try this bagel recipe. They are so soft and delicious- and goes really well with your own homemade goat cheese and homemade cream cheese.